POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Life Sucked at My School This Week : Re: Life Sucked at My School This Week Server Time
11 Oct 2024 19:17:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Life Sucked at My School This Week
From: Darren New
Date: 21 Oct 2007 11:30:33
Message: <471b7099$1@news.povray.org>
Michael Raiford wrote:
> school campus heard the resulting bang.

I had friends who worked at a science museum (the Franklin Institute)
giving lectures and such. One day Tony filled a 3-foot weather balloon
with hydrogen and oxygen, and put it on a long thread so it floated near
the top of the lecture hall. (Picture a stadium-seating huge room like
you see college lectures being given in in movies.) Then he points the
parabolic heat lamp at it and turns off all the switches.

Kurt goes in, turns on all the lights, starts his lecture on liquid air.
I walk in, and Tony is in the back of the room, going "SHhh! Shhh!"

About five minutes into the lecture, there's a kaBOOM that literally
cracks some of the windows.  Kurt jumps about three feet, looks around,
waves to Tony, and goes back to lecturing.

(This is the same Tony that couldn't figure out where the cardboard
canister he'd stuffed home-made high explosives into went after he
touched it off and blew a 3-foot deep crater in the dirt.)

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     Remember the good old days, when we